1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circus Clowns Report!

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by Yanko, May 2, 2015.

1. Yanko

Yanko New Member

Hey there! I'm new to this site, and boy I'm diggin' it! I love seeing the variety of clown-types out there, and their specialties. On that note, I wanted to touch base with those clowns who have careers in the circus, or are from circus families.

I am Yanko Artidiello, and I come from a mexican family-circus called "Circo Hermanos Bells." I have worked a few shows here in the U.S. My latest was a short tour with the Family Fun Circus in Canada, which I had to resign from due to my baby boy being born!

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Yanko

Yanko New Member

I know I can't be the only one here... *gulp* am I?

3. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

I wish I was but I do have one thing in common with Circus Clowns we both dislike PETA.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Yanko

Yanko New Member

Hahaha, yeah. Although PETA isn't completely wrong. Some circuses do tend to abuse their animals during training, but not all. If PETA should intervene in any way, I feel it should be to develop the proper living quarters and training methods for these Circus-Animals. This could create more jobs in the field, and guarantee better treatment for them.

I've browsed around the forum and noticed at least two clowns from circus background... I suppose they don't log in as often as others :/

5. Keekipoo

Keekipoo Active Member

I'm not a circus clown, but I LOVE YOUR 8-BIT CLOWN LOOK....at least in your picture, there. You know there are 8-bit gloves, too? I've been wanting to develop one of my own, just don't really wanna wear all that blocky stuff......which is why I haven't developed it yet....just had to chime in with that. Welcome to the forum, Yanko!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Yanko

Yanko New Member

Hey thanks! That's actually my Minecraft avatar I created for myself :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Keekipoo

Keekipoo Active Member

How cool!!! Well good job. I checked your profile out too, you got some sweet pics! I hope you find some of the pro performers on this forum who can give you the advice you need to be even better...though you've been going a long time...and I sorta slightly get jealous thinking of being born into a circus family. Must be AWESOME.

8. Yanko

Yanko New Member

Thank you! I just checked out your profile as well! I gotta say, I really admire you embracing the "scary clown" look. That's always been a big debate between my brother and I, me arguing that a clown should express human extremities. That definitely includes fear! I love movies like "IT," "Killer Klowns from Outerspace," "Shakes the Clown" and, of course my all time favorite, anything with Batman's character of The Joker.

Granted, the scary clown is not for all audiences, and yes it does cause a lot of children (and even some adults) to have a fear of clowns. Fortunately, people affected in this way are in short supply, and us humble "happy looking" clowns still get work. I do often play with my audience's emotions, doing dangerous stunts causing excitement, or putting my character in very sad situations causing sadness.

I find it all very fascinating and fun, and most importantly, artistic!