1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clown advice

Discussion in 'Variety and Street Performance' started by Marbles the Clown, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Marbles the Clown

Marbles the Clown New Member

I am starting out and this is a question for musicians or those who have the knowledge. I am going to work the ukelele into my act and really want to know what songs you play at kids birthday parties now. Are songs like if your happy and you know it", "apples and bananas" or "itsy bitsy spider" still relevant in this day? or have you been required to go modern with your songs and play more recent pop songs,disney etc...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I don't play music, but I did hear another entertainer singing "wheels on the bus..." at an event this summer.

3. V

V Well-Known Member

You can get away with traditional music, just make it entertaining. Go to 'Super Silly Songs' on YouTube for some inspiration - they have classic as well as modern versions and variants there. I don't use an ukulele (crank organ user) so no idea how well it translates - but if you're proficient with it, I imagine it will go well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1