1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comedy Bicycles

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by Pinkberry, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Pinkberry

Pinkberry The man. The myth. The mustache.

Well, at least it beats walking!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  2. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  3. OkiDoki

OkiDoki New Member

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Justin Case's act is just fantastic.

A tiny bike act which has developed a little notoriety is from Bobby Hunt, aka "Circus Boy."

Presently touring with Culpepper & Merriwether Circus are "Judy and Punchy" (Michelle Musser and Nathan Holguin - formerly of Ringling Red.) While I don't know for certain if it is featured on this year's show, "Judy" does have a comedy cycling act of her own.

http://judyandpunchy.com/JudyPunchy/Home.html

That picture with the cyclist who has wheels on his head and back reminds me of a street statue performer who I saw recently in San Francisco by the bay.

You can see all kinds of odd and interesting cycling creations at the monthly ride of Critical Mass Chicago:

http://chicagocriticalmass.org/

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

Clowns on cycling jerseys

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  6. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

I saw this thread and couldn’t wait to take some pictures of some bikes that I am currently working on….

I bought a wire-feed welder about two years ago, and started hacking some interesting bikes.

The first one is still a work in progress, I still have to re-assemble the crank, and re-lace a larger rear wheel. (I want it to have coaster breaks and not have to mess with a much longer rear brake cable) I also have to get new inner tubes and re-upholster the seat.

[​IMG]

The next one is a modified unicycle… I have to cross-bolt the unicycle frame to the head set (I couldn’t get the handlebar stem tight enough for safe steering) Clean-up some of the welds, and paint it. This one needs a horn and head light, but the cool part of it, is that I can semi-quickly change it back to a unicycle.
    (Oh yeah… that’s Ziggy and Oden, our goats also posing in the pictures)

[​IMG]

The last picture is a bunch of bike that our Landlord/Property Manager gave me, so I can chop-up and re-build more bikes this Summer.

My Burning Man bike (the trike thing in the background) was the second bike that I hacked.....

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. Barnie Bonkers

Not sure if I wanna make a "tall bike"... (see the stilt walker picture in the first post) I like the idea, but I don't realy want to ride one....So maybe I will make one just for the fun of it....

Heck... I got enough parts to do so.....

8. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Why haven't I seen this topic before? Some are hilarious. :D

9. Barnie Bonkers

OK... this isn't a Clown bike, But Arron Jr. (the 5 year old I'm making it for) doesn't really want a funny bike.....

I have to finish some of the welds, and then grind and finish them up....well then a cool paint job....

[​IMG]

But the next one is going to be a short, tall bike...

10. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I happened upon the Critical Mass ride yesterday, but was disappointed at the lack in number of creative and novel sort of cycles which I have seen at some of their rides in the past.