1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football-themed skits

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by LarryTheClown, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Hey! It's football season!

Being from Seattle, you can imagine it is a pretty hot topic around these parts. Our next clown alley meeting is going to be football themed, and there's going to be emphasis on football balloons and football skits. I think I got the balloons nailed down (I was pretty proud when I made a Seattle Seahawk for a kid this weekend).

I was wondering, though, if anyone had any tried and true ideas for football skits. (Another group may be going to a football fundraising event, so it might me something that would be nice to have on a surprise basis.)

Kid-friendly material, specifically. I know that there's a ton of stuff to be mined from the fact that there's a player position call a "tight end." :seltzer:

2. V

V Well-Known Member

Greatest football themed comedy ever...

I've recently (January) moved to Andy Griffith's hometown (and the one that Mayberry was allegedly based off of) so literally can't go more than a few feet without seeing a Mayberry reference.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

OMG...........I love football...........I'm a Bills fan!!!!!!!! Even got to make balloons for one of my favorite players, Fred Jackson.....there's a pic on my Clown Forum Page of us with one of the balloons I made. All kinds of cool stuff you can do for the season.

4. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

How about a Fantasy Football skit with fantasy characters....

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

That's a pretty danged great suggestion! (Having a fun time envisioning Bilbo Baggins as quarterback....)

And, uh, also a reminder that I gotta get my League running again this year.

6. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

I think you can make your skits personalized to your area. Like use names of the players from the teams in your area.

7. Klinki the Clown

Klinki the Clown New Member

Any ideas here for a football themed skit? I just love the Kansas City Chiefs and the Miami Dolphins. I also do shows for the armed forces here in Germany. A football themed skit would perfectly fit in there. So far I just could not come up with an idea.