1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the center ring!

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by Christopher Clown, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Christopher Clown

Christopher Clown What the Seuss??!

Whats up forum clowns? Just wanted to let you guys know that i am doing swell here at the Greatest Show on Earth. I did my first show Saturday night, I did all three shows yesterday, and have one coming up today... Load out is tonight then its off to Louisville, KY.

I promise I will share pics of costume and makeup as soon as both stop going through changes-- so far nothing is 100% complete yet...

Also I'll have to wait until I get a memory card reader-- some how I managed not to make it here with mine!

Hope you all are doing well!

-Chris

• Thanks Thanks x 15
  2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Louisville is a fun town. Enjoy your time on the road!

3. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

wooohoooo! can't wait to see you guys!

4. Christopher Clown

train is in Louisville, KY now-- Load in tonight, then performances thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. 1, 1, 3, 1.

5. tim

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. JOZO

JOZO New Member

congrads chris

7. Christopher Clown

Opening night in Lousivlle, KY was great last night--Col. Sanders was honored as guest Ringmaster. Plans for today-- Lunch with Suitcase Sam, and then another show tonight.

Plans for tomorrow, three shows, and then hanging out with my parents and Knute.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Christopher Clown

Had a great time In Louisville Kentucky... Spent some quality time with the one and only Suitcase Sam, Knute, and my parents. Now we are in Virginia... We hit Hampton this weekend, then Norfolk, then Richmond.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  9. Christopher Clown

Okay... I'm lousy at keeping up with this ...

So ... We hit Hampton, Virginia

Norfolk, Virginia -- Met up with the one and only Jessika Light-- aka Nora Boogermiester and her boyfriend Richard.

Now we are in Richmond, Virginia -- Moosecampers listen up-- had a great evening with Christopher and Peggy Hudert and their kids-- Dinner after the show and late night clown chatting-- so much fun.

Next stop. Providence, RI

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Lily Silly

Lily Silly New Member

Hello to you in the center ring!

I looked at Ringling Bros. website and saw that you'll be coming to San Diego around the middle of July. That's awesome! That's where I'm from. I'm glad you're having such a great time with the circus.

11. Christopher Clown

wonderful Lily.

Providence, Rhode Island was great... survived my first working sixpak weekend... three shows saturday three shows sunday.

On Tuesday before our opening several of our cast members went to Boston, Massachusetts to see Big Apple Circus.Where I was able to spend time with a good friend and fellow clown-forum member DJ who works as a member of their ring crew.

Now we are in Hartford, Connecticut... next up Trenton, New Jersey... and then a week break between Trenton and Hershey, PA.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  12. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

You are really making a lot of zig-zag trips up and down the east coast. What were the dates for Hershey? Hopefully I can keep that free for a roadtrip.

13. Christopher Clown

may 25- 30th are the performance dates for Hershey

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Christopher Clown

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

Sounds great and I hope you having a wonderful experience

16. StuartPid

StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

IM hoping to still make Omaha Chris ill have to check the dates

17. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

What about Cleveland, OH, Ft Wayne ,In or Grand Rapids, MI?

18. Duckie

Duckie New Member

O.M.G. R.D !!!!!! I haven't been on the forum in months!!!!!! And what do I find first thing when I get there??????? Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You little rascal you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a rush. I can't even imagine what fun you must be having!!!!!!!

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  19. tim

The show typically plays Cleveland for 8-10 days in mid to late October just before Chicago (for the four week November run - split between Allstate Arena in Rosemont and the United Center on the West Side) in it's first year of the tour. Since he's on a show that is on its first year, that is when it would be there this year. Last year, though, I think they threw a Pennsylvania date between these two cities.

They also play Grand Rapids, but usually near the end of the two year run. So, that would put the Red Unit there sometime like September of 2012. (You'll have the Blue Unit - "Barnum's Funundrum" - there this year.)

Ft. Wayne is too small (or at least must not have an arena large enough) to book in the big shows, but might occasionally attract the Gold unit.

Ultimately, the answer to any questions about, "When will the show be.....(insert city here)?" is to watch the Ringling website. Once there is an official announcement, that's the place you will find a listing.

A good way to track (no pun intended) historic jump patterns (as well as ongoing intercity movement) is to join the yahoo circustrain group.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  20. Pinky the Clown

Pinky the Clown New Member

Tim, you are right. Ringling had a really good habit of coming into town around my Birthday when I lived near Chicago and if I recall, they also made a November run in Toledo. Yes, they will be coming to Cleveland in October...And with friends in the area, it will be just a hop skip and a jump away for me.