1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with lips?

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by HugoTheTramp, Jun 11, 2017.

1. HugoTheTramp

HugoTheTramp New Member

So, in short: Rest of my make-up is good. I could take a shower and it wouldn't rub off. However, my lips tend to start rubbing off in couple of hours. Nothing TOO catastrophic but still, quite annoying.
    Any tips on how to make the paint on my lips stick on better? I usually have a water bottle with me during hot days, could that have anything to do with it?

2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Oils are usually the worst problem for makeup. Grab a burger, chicken, or other greasy foods and the oils will dissolve the makeup.

I haven't noticed big problems with keeping the makeup on my lips unless I eat. But, I know it is a reason why women need to reapply their lipstick. I have heard some clowns say they don't use black for their lip because it is more noticeable when it rubs off. Red/pink is closer to the natural lip color. Having a good outline might help.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

A couple of Ringling clowns said use burts bee balm under you makeup on your lips to help with dry lips. I'm sure you are powdering well. It helps me if I powder and then press on my lips with a powder puff pushing that powder into the makeup. Wait a bit the lightly brush off the excess

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. HugoTheTramp

HugoTheTramp New Member

I need to try those things. My lips are indeed pretty dry all the time, so, the bee balm sounds like it would do a lot for me. Thanks for all the advice.