1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mrs. Santa Claus advice

Discussion in 'Variety and Street Performance' started by Bibbles, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles New Member

Howdy! Has anyone here done work as Mr. or Mrs. Santa Claus? I'd love your advice as I'd like to try to be Mrs. Claus this year. Any and all advice welcome! :D

2. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Biggest job for Mrs. Santa might be trying to calm down the kids that are shy and start crying when they get close to Santa.

3. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Use an old teacher trick called transitionary object. Kids who are afraid to approach Santa but will open up to you cause you are not as scary. Well give them some small token to give to Santa. A couple I've used is Santa gets pretty hungry you know and he sure does love cookies. Will you take this one to him please. My favorite thing to do is carry one of those mini presents in the pocket of my apron and when I see a scared child I do my best to make contact with them. In visiting with them I can establish a good report. I then pull the present out of my pocket and I say "Uh Oh Look Santa dropped this little present. I bet it was so small he didn't see it. Can you go make sure he gets it to pack in his sleigh. I would hate for someone to miss getting their present from Santa."
    Works like a charm the child will go walking right up to Santa cause now they are on a mission to save Christmas!. They forget about being scared.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  4. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Are you planning to do the Mrs Claus alone or in partnership with Santa? I have no desire to play Santa. I don't feel like I am old enough. I think he needs to be a grandfatherly figure and can tell the difference between someone who is 40 or 50 and someone who is 60 or 70. I also wouldn't want to do the traditional Mall Santa type events. I have attended workshops that present ideas for other activities that Santa or Mrs Claus can do, including having Santa's workshop where the kids get to paint a birdhouse or other wood toy. Or bake cookies with Mrs. Claus. Then, there is always storytelling or sing alongs.

5. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Kinky Claus

6. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Make sure that your Santa wasn't trained under Billy Bob Thorton.

7. Pinkie Bee

Pinkie Bee New Member

most important know EVERYTHING you can about your characters and the characters she interacts with. kids will quiz you.

I especially love interacting at nursing homes. I go up to an elderly woman and say "I remember you, when you were little my husband brought you a doll" and the twinkle in the eye as they remember and tell me about that doll.

you are taking on a HUGE responsibility you are part of the magic of Christmas and imagination and hope and love

do well

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  8. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

I would say use some Christmas books/specials/movies as a basis. Year Without a Santa Claus would be a good start.

9. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

WS, perhaps not a Mrs. Claus, but I'd definitely like to see your sexy elf character!

10. amifunny

amifunny Member

I work with an amazing Mrs. Claus in Dallas. And have a bit of experience as Santa.