1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names of former ringling clowns?

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by Ryan W, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Ryan W

Ryan W New Member

I've been looking for the names of the performers in each of the Ringling Brothers units for each year it ran but I can't seem to find anything of the sort. I went to the show 2 years in a row in 90 and 91 when I was 9 and 10 years old and I'd really like to know the names of the clowns I saw perform. I recall in 90 there was a firefighter skit where they had to rescue a clown from a burning building and I really want to know who those clowns were, they made a huge impression on me that I think really helped shape my personality.

For years my parents had the programs from those shows but it seems that they got rid of them at some point so sadly I can't flip through them as I'd like to learn who was in the shows. Does anyone happen to know who the clowns were in those years, or more specifically from the 1990 unit that had that skit in it?

2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

For particulars, ask around on the circus and clowning Facebook groups. There are a lot of Ringling alumni and fans around who ought to be able to clue you in about these things. More generally, the programs ought to be obtainable at a reasonable cost on Ebay or elsewhere.