1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

powder to make shadows

Discussion in 'Face Painting' started by palomar93, Feb 17, 2012.

1. palomar93

palomar93 New Member

Hi there, I am looking to get the effect of shadowing for my face painting. I can use eye shadow but it does not always stick to the face. Mostly dark grey or black but goes on like a powder or looks like a powder on the face. I am looking for some help. If anyone can give me some info on the best brands and then a discription of how you use it and how it worked for you. Thanks, Pat.<3

2. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

I use Mehron Star Blend. I use it dry with a small sponge applicator.

I've seen Mark Reid and some of the other really talented painters use a wide brush and wet paint but I am not that experienced and can never seem to get the paint dry enough without being too dry. It is a learned skill. Best of luck.

3. Plywood

Plywood New Member

You could also check out Ben Nye Lumiere powders. I use the pressed powders, but you can also get them loose.

4. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

I also like the kryolan presses powders. I use a make up sponge and brush on like you would ladies make up. For back ground it works great

5. sean wilson

sean wilson New Member

I have a paint pallette at my table and I just put a dab of water in one of the spots and dip a little black face paint in it and then roll it around a bit to get the excess water off and it works fine for shadows. The powers work ok too. Here's one I found I did a long time ago that had a little bit of shadow to it with just watered down black face paint.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: