1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snoetje's theater show!

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by Snoetje, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Aaah, yes I can finally tell you guys something incredible awesome!

A year ago, a theater director found me on the internet, liked my Snoetje videos and ambitions and offered to help me making a theater show! WOW!
    But I can't make a full show without a partner. So, I had to find one, which was hard. Luckily I suddenly found a very nice person who loves to entertain children, she's even with an amateur circus! :D I had to overcome one of my biggest fears to ask her, but I'm so glad I did. She said yes!
    We've been talking a lot and we finally started practising, so far it's going very well! It's so fun to work with these people!! :D
    And I'm super inspired every time we work on the show! We already have sooo many ideas! :D

And now, yesterday I heard we have a date and a place! (if anyone wants to know, it's the 6th of april 2015, theater Imperium in Leiden, Holland) and the title is "playing with snoetje"
    It's getting so real now! Woah! And I'm so excited for this!

old flyer:
    [​IMG]

I can just use all my creativity and imagination, and play around and have fun! It's going to be different than standard clown shows (because I like being different), but I'm sure it's going be sooo fun! And happy too! I'm thinking of a living cartoon (I still have the comic/animation side in me) with a mixture of circus.
    It's a dream come true!

I never thought I could ever find people to help me with a show! But now I somehow did! I'm doing my best to make this my masterpiece haha!
    The shy girl with low self-esteem somehow manages to make a theater show. Woah.

It's pretty scary to tell everyone about it. In the past, everytime I told about an upcoming show it didn't went through. So I'm deadly nervous it happens again. Stupid superstition. :(

If I have more news I will tell you about it! I can't wait to show you guys my partner! But I have to make her a costume first!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 11
  2. Cool Fool

Cool Fool Clown

Congratulations, Snoetje!

3. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Congrats! Also, lovin' that flyer art.

4. Snoetje

Thanks and yes I will keep you informed! There is more to come! :D
    I'm planning to make a new flyer, with the two of us. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Always one to say "See, I told you so!!" I am enraptured to say "See, Snoetje, I told you so!!!"

Yes!! You have a wonderful opportunity, that hopefully, will continue to open new avenues for you.

Great artwork!

And, by the by, will you be able to post some video of your show??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Snoetje

I hope so!!
    Having a video of the show is very important for me, so I will let someone film it, or at least put a camera in there.

I still feel so lucky someone found me and wants to work with me!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Snoetje

This is my stage buddy, playing with a diabolo. Also, a costume design I made for her. On the back there will be very big red buttons. :D
    [​IMG]
    She is the smarter one, but not super serious bossy like a typical ringmaster. More friendly and less serious. That's why the design is a bit different than normal ringmaster costumes. :)

Photos will follow of course!
    Working on a theater show is so exciting waaaaah!! :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  8. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

Snoetje, I always get excited when I see you've made a new post; I can count on it being an amazing development in the adventures of Snoetje! (And usually some pretty artwork or photos, too.) :) Can't wait to see more!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Snoetje

Hehe, thanks.
    I'm working so hard on this show. I sometimes even forget to sleep. Haha I'm unstopable! :p
    We have endless ideas and it's going to be very intensive. But I'm sure it will be awesome and a experience to never forget. :D

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  10. Snoetje

Oh my gosh. You know, my partner has circus skills. Which is very very cool. And she teaches me some! And they are so scary even when they're simple! But it's cool to do them, gives me more confidence! I feel this show lets me also fight my fears, which is good because I have incredible willpower now with an awesome goal in mind. :D So the show will also show a grown person! Woaaah! :D
    And I'm still so happy with my stage buddy! Asking her to join was one of the most scary things I ever did! But it's totally worth the effort!!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Who did the cartoon of your partner? It's awesome! I want one like that.

12. Snoetje

Thank you! But I'm not very good with cartoons of existing people. This one worked out pretty well because I know her. But from just pictures it's more difficult.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Are you better with cartoons of non existing people?

14. Snoetje

Yes, as long as it doesn't have to be realistic.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Snoetje

My partner is not allowed to work with me on the show, but she's all grown up and such. I don't understand. :(

Now I'm super sad. She was perfect! And I just know it would become a really fun show! I just know. We had an amazing team (me, her and the director) and now it's ruined by someone from outside.

I hope it will be solved. I really do. I worked so hard for this and I had so much inspiration and I did brave things to come this far.
    I'm not religious, but I wonder what I did wrong to have this bad luck while I try so hard to do good things. What can be wrong with wanting to make lots of people laugh? Sigh. :(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

If we could set up some kind of technological wizardry, perhaps I could perform with you??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Snoetje

Haha, that could be fun.
    The show must go on...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Snoetje

So, it didn't work out. :(
    Now I'm officially looking for a new partner *sigh*. Anyone wants to spend 3 months in Holland? XD

The bigger the dream, the harder it gets. But I'm SO CLOSE!!! This just can't break apart, please no! No no no no no!! Argh!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Snoetje

Okay, I didn't find a new partner. So then it was like "what now? No show?" I was too scared to choose for a solo, but the director believes in me and he convinced me to choose for a solo. It's better than just giving up! Now we made up the creative solution of using videos in the show! :D

You know, the strange thing is, since we chose for a solo I'm super happy and excited! But it's very hard work! I have to work every day the whole day on the show for the upcoming 4 months and do the advertisement (almost) alone too. Biggest challenge in my life!! But also lots of fun!
    We had the first rehearsel day and it was so much fun! The director is very nice to work with! We will use a lot of music in the show and each sketch/scene has its own feeling. It will be a very special show! :D
    I will keep you guys updated!

Some screenshots of the first rehearsal:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Snoetje

The flyer is finished!
    We decided to start reservations earlier (monday), just a few days! Oooh, so exciting!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 6