1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strolling puppet stage

Discussion in 'Storytelling and Puppets' started by Viv, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Viv

Viv New Member

I just finished the frame work on my strolling puppet stage. I just have to convince my wife and mother-in-law to sew the cover. Trying to post photo from my IPAD, but can't seem to do it. Will post them later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Chuckles1956

Chuckles1956 New Member

I have one of these and I love it. Can't wait to see how yours ends up.

3. Viv

Viv New Member

Finally got the pic up loaded. Enjoy.

4. Ladybug

Ladybug Active Member

This looks really neat....can you please tell me a little bit more of how you are going to use it? Did you create the design yourself or are there plans available somewhere? I assume that you strap it on you.....but then again under my green hair I am blonde so.....:applause::applause::applause::applause:
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Viv

Viv New Member

The puppet stage is worn. It has shoulder straps and a waist belt. The puppeteer will be behind a sheer curtain and the puppets will be in front. I saw my first strolling puppet stage at a recent clown convention and thought that I could build one. The design is my own, I did not follow any plans. I plan to use a human arm puppet to able to hand out stickers and such while walking around.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  6. Chuckles1956

Chuckles1956 New Member

Looks great Mine has a soild masonite back board and you may need a belt on the lower end . That goes around your waist as the unit tends to want to tip forward due to the top heavy ness. Great job. Remmber when sewing the cover Velcro is a great tool because mine keeps want to pop the joints when I have some just pushed togetter instead of being glued. I hope that makes sense. I will try to get pictures posted of my unit.

7. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Viv

Viv New Member

Thanks for the suggestions Chuckles. I have a waist belt, just haven't attached it yet. I took apart a backpack, and it donated all of the straps. I plan to do the cover with velcro to make it easy to take on and off.

Pickles, it will look similar to the one pictured and function the same. This way, you don't have to be a ventrilloquist. I take a picture tonight of me wearing the frame work. I did do some tweaks to the frame last night.

9. Viv

Viv New Member

Here are the pics of the satge being worn.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  10. Chuckles1956

Chuckles1956 New Member

Yes thats it Looks great . I like the big opening too. Mine was made by puppet productions and I have a flag on top with my clown name. It always gets a great reaction when I use it at fairs and picnics. Great job.

11. Queenie337

Queenie337 New Member

Hi There, i would love to know ifanyone knows where i can get the plans for the hula hoop portable strolling stage as i have this one with the pvc pipes, but i have back and neck issues and its somewhat heavy for me, so i thought the hula hoop one would be lighter or i saw one on you-tube that collapses that looked like a lighter one...any suggestions... Thanks sooo much ..Queenie!! *<{:eek:)

12. Viv

Viv New Member

To make a hula hoop puppet stage, you first have to make a cut both hula hoops. Then you will need 6 PVC "T" with the inner diameter of the of hula hoops outer diameter. You will also need a straight piece of PVC to tie both hula hoops together. I will make a diagram later today to better illustrate the idea.

13. Queenie337

Queenie337 New Member

Hula hoop puppet theater

Oh my goodness, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for replying to my post, this is an answer to prayer for me!!! I can't wait to see the diagram!! Again thank you soooo much!!! In Christ..Queenie!!!:p:p:p

14. Viv

Viv New Member

Here is the drawing for the hula hoop puppet stage. Please excuse the quality as it was drawn on my IPad. You will need three hula hoops, 6 PVC "T", 2 PVC "4 way" an a piece of straight pvc the same diameter as the hula hoops. Two hula hoops will be for the stage, and the third will be cut in half and used for the top. Two hula hoops will be joined by thye straight PVC frame work, this is also the structure to which to attach the straps. Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Queenie337

Queenie337 New Member

Hula hoop puppet theater

:applause::applause::applause::applause:Thank you soooooo much, i just saw this, still trying to figure out this forum and how to use it..LOL, i can't wait to make this, i will let you know how it turns out and post pic's..Queenie!!

16. Ray De La Luz

Ray De La Luz New Member

Hello Viv,

Do you happen to have a list of what size PVC PIPES AND PARTS YOU NEED TO GET THIS TOGETHER.