1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which service do you use to advertise for gigs?

Discussion in 'Newbies to clowning' started by Marbles the Clown, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Marbles the Clown

Marbles the Clown New Member

I was hoping that I might be able to get some advice on what online service or website you use for getting gigs?

2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I have my own website, that is how I get most gigs. I am on GigSalad and book 1 event per year. From what I have heard, services like Thumbtack charge you to respond to a customer's inquiry. Many of the sites get people looking for cheap entertainment.

Many entertainers in the area work with agents who give them gigs. Some customers prefer working with an agent who will handle providing 2 or more entertainers for an event instead of having to find and pay everyone individually. The down side of working with an agent is you are helping them grow their business. They get paid for sending you to events and you give out their business card so any customer calls the agent for future events. The agent may or may not select you to work those events.

3. Marbles the Clown

Marbles the Clown New Member

Do you know how the other entertainers went about finding agents? I signed up with Gigsalad as that seems like a start and I am working on a website. But alot of people in my area are computer illiterate so an agent might be a good option.

4. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Ask the other entertainers in your area who they work with. Most of the local agents that I know started out as entertainers and eventually became an agent as they had more customers than they could handle and would call on their fellow entertainers to work the events.