1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Won't You Be My Neighbor?" documentary about Mr. Rogers

Discussion in 'Storytelling and Puppets' started by The Princess of Bozonia, Jan 19, 2018.

1. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, a documentary film about Mister Rogers, is premiering at the Sundance film festival tomorrow.

"Love is at the root of everything — all learning, all parenting, all relationships — love or the lack of it. And what we see and hear on the screen is part of who we become."

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Very good to know. Thanks Princess!!!

3. V

V Well-Known Member

Mr. Rogers is getting some action lately as I saw another film in the works with Tom Hanks in the role of Fred Rogers.

https://www.factswt.com/tom-hanks-will-be-playing-mr-rogers-in-you-are-my-friend

I honestly didn't know the Rogers film company was still in existence but one of my younger kids watches Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. I didn't know they were related by production until I heard the theme song for Daniel Tiger which is essentially a modernized 'Won't you be my neighbor?'

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I've watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, on occasion. Good show, well within the spirit of Rogers. Though, obviously, targeted at a certain age group.